Subject: Re: Impeach Michael Jackson
From:Matha agus Isabelle Standún <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 11 Mar 2003 19:21:57 +0100

> International law is respected by nations because it
> is to their advantage to do so. On the whole one
> respects white flags. Most nations respect
> hospitals, the red cross, &c.

International law isn't just about white flags and
hospitals. It also covers invading other countries.

> I wonder how many of the regulations passed by the
> UN and objected to by
> the US would have been accepted by the Roman,
> Spanish, or British empires.
> Indeed I'm surprised that the UK has accepted some
> of these regulations.
> Short memory it seems.

The Roman Empire? I don't follow your argument there.
Roman Empire = USA ? If you're big you can do what you want?

=====
Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticise them you're a mile away
and you have their shoes.