MARINE-B Archives

MARINE-B@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE

MARINE-B Home

MARINE-B  February 2003

MARINE-B February 2003

Experts for proposal evaluation

"<Piia> <Tuomisto>" <[log in to unmask]>

Marine Research Information NEtwork on biodiversity <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 7 Feb 2003 14:01:08 +0100

Dear Colleague,

We are starting to prepare our lists of evaluators who will work together to
identify the best of the proposals that are submitted to area 1.1.6.3.III
(biodiversity and ecosystems) in April.

If you would like to have the opportunity to help to evaluate proposals,
especially in this area, please register.  You can find out how to register
by visiting http://www.cordis.lu/experts/fp6_candidature.htm

We need you to help us to build up a pool of potential evaluators.  If you
know of highly competent people - even from outside Europe - who could help
us in this task, please encourage them to register as soon as possible...
today, even!

We will not ask you to help with the evaluation if your organisation is a
partner in one of the proposals submitted to this area.

The expertise that we are looking for will come from natural and social
scientists, and potential users, whose training and experience will allow
them to evaluate proposals in:

III.1.1 Developing a network for European long-term terrestrial and
fresh-water biodiversity and ecosystem research

III.1.2 Developing a network to structure and integrate European research on
marine biodiversity and ecosystems

III.1.3 Developing genomic approaches to enable the understanding of
biodiversity and ecosystems structures and dynamics

III.1.4 Development of cost effective, reliable and efficient technologies
for enabling progress in biodiversity and ecosystem science, in particular
for observing, monitoring, surveying and forecasting of physical, biological
and chemical parameters in marine ecosystems

III.2.1. Generating models of socio-economic impacts on biodiversity and
ecosystems

III.4.1. Assessing large-scale environmental risks to biodiversity and to
terrestrial and freshwater ecosystems

If you would like any further information on this, please do not hesitate to
contact me or my colleagues [log in to unmask] or

With kind regards,

Piia Tuomisto
-----------------------------
Scientific officer
Unit I.4 Biodiversity and Marine ecosystems
European Commission
Research Directorate-General
Lx 2/135
B-1049 Brussels
BELGIUM
tel:  +32.2.29.92138
fax: +32.2.29.50568
e-mail: [log in to unmask]     <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Visit the EUROPA and CORDIS servers!
Environment and Sustainable Development Programme:
http://www.cordis.lu/en/home.html
***

Disclaimer:
The information contained in this message or any of its attachments
may be privileged and confidential and intended for the exclusive use
of the addressee.  The views expressed may not be official policy but
the personal views of the originator.
**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This email discussion list, called MARINE-B(MArine Research Information NEtwork on Biodiversity),
was established by Mark J. Costello and Jean-Pierre Feral to facilitate communication between
researchers in Europe in relation to marine biodiversity.
All emails on the list are archived at http://listserv.heanet.ie/MARINE-B.html.
Sending attached files is discouraged; instead direct readers to a web site or they may contact the writer directly.
You can subscribe to MARINE-B by sending an email to [log in to unmask]
containing the message SUBSCRIBE MARINE-B <first name> <surname> in the text.
You can remove yourself from MARINE-B by sending the command
SIGNOFF MARINE-B to [log in to unmask]