Help for IRTRAD-L Archives

IRTRAD-L Archives

Subject: Re: tune titles
From: Joel Shimberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 26 Feb 2003 00:19:55 EST

In a message dated 2/26/2003 12:06:02 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> >I have to admit that
> >every time I posted a tune ID request, I was afraid
> >that someone would tell me things like this. So, I've
> >tried not to post more than one request per day. If
> >permitted, I would like to request more. Do many
> >people find my requests annoying?

When you start requesting the title of Bonnie Kate or Chief O'Neill's
Favorite Hornpipe it will be time to worry about bothering people. Some
people really are not interested in what names go with what tunes. They don't
need to be interested, but I do think they are in a minority, and you should
just go on asking. We're all (most of us, anyway) learning from the responses
you get.

Joel Shimberg