Help for IRTRAD-L Archives

IRTRAD-L Archives

Subject: Re: ITM in Houston?!
From: Bill Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 3 Feb 2003 11:01:45 EST

Howdy

There was a regular session at a place called the "Mucky Duck" somewhere
a little west of the business district. Music was quite good (Turloch Boylan
the flute player was a regular attendee there but I suspect he's on the road
more now). I don't remember the street names but how many pubs by that
name can be in the Houston phone book?

The fear a ti is (or was, on the occasions I sat in) a bodhrán player named
Rex Shaver, extremely courteous as so many Texans tend to be, always
very welcoming to new musicians.

I had his card with email etc. but I can't locate it - sorry.

Haven't been there in a few years myself, so if you make contact, please
extend my warmest regards to the gang.

I recall hearing talk about another session at one of the recently-renovated
hotels (the Rice?) downtown, but I was never there myself. Rex would know
for sure if you make contact with him.

Let me know if you get through to someone.

Cheers y'all
BB