Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

Subject: Isolation of microsatellite loci for molecular ecology studies
From: Mike Guiry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 24 Feb 2003 08:17:16 +0000

External services provided by the Centre of Marine Sciences, University of
the Algarve

Isolation of microsatellite loci for molecular ecology studies

We offer a service for the development of microsatellite-enriched genomic
libraries and for the subsequent isolation of microsatellite markers for
population genetics and ecological studies. Additionally we can provide
training to researchers or technical staff interested in learning the
techniques involved in microsatellite isolation.

Prices are:

∑ Development of a microsatellite-enriched library. We deliver the library
and 10 sequences containing a dinucleotide motif longer than 12 repeats:
8000 €

∑ Additionally we can design primers and test the loci for polymorphism.
Cost for each polymorphic locus:                     600 €

∑ Microsatellite development courses will run for 4 weeks. Courses are
practical and it is expected that people bring their own DNA and be able to
isolate their own microsatellites by the end of the course. Normally,
testing for polymorphism of the isolated loci will be approached only
theoretically. However, if time is available this can also be tested
experimentally with an appropriate adjustment in the course price. Price for
the course only:
3000 €

For further information please contact:
Filipe Alberto ([log in to unmask])
C/o Ester Serrao
CCMAR - Center for Marine Sciences
F.C.M.A., Univ. Algarve
Gambelas,
P-8005-139 Faro
Portugal
Fax: 351-289-818353
Phone: 351-289-800928

This message was sent to you because you are subscribed to ALGAE-L, a listserver list run by [log in to unmask] You can remove your name from the ALGAE-L list by sending a message to [log in to unmask] with the words SIGNOFF ALGAE-L in the text. If you have further difficulty please contact Mike Guiry. More information and an archive of messages since1995 can be found at
http://www.seaweed.ie/algae-l