Subject: xlink label syntax
From: Dave Howorth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 22 Dec 2002 20:05:47 -0000

I wonder if anyone can tell me where I can find the answer to a question
about XLink syntax?  I've recently started looking at it with a particular
possible application in mind.  I'm curious why the label (and to and from)
attribute must be an NCName, especially when all the examples in the
Recommendation use the more general NMTOKEN?  In the specific application I
have in mind, the primary keys are integers, so it seems to make a
significant difference to the convenience of XLink as a technology :-)  I
can't come up with an obvious reason why the syntax of labels was restricted
in this way.

Cheers, Dave

PS  First time on this list, so apologies if this question is inappropriate.