Help for IRTRAD-L Archives

IRTRAD-L Archives

Subject: Re: ITM for piano
From: Joel Shimberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 15 Dec 2002 02:36:36 EST

[log in to unmask] writes:

> >Hmmm, would Prof  Michael O'Suilleabhain and Sean O'Riada agree ?

With each other? <g>

I thought that O'Riada played the harpsichord, and that he would agree that
he wasn't playing Irish traditional music. Surely what he was doing was to be
judged by the criteria of 'art music', just as were the efforts of Kodaly,
Bartok, Vaughn Williams, Grainger, Copland, etc. I know nothing about the
good Professor (and almost no more about O'Riada, if truth be told)

Joel Shimberg