Help for IRTRAD-L Archives

IRTRAD-L Archives

Subject: Re: Neanderthals?
From: Paul de Grae <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 18 Dec 2002 15:09:24 +0000

Harry wrote:
>I dunno Paul. On my travels with the Great Unwashed Drumming
>Water Pigmies of deepest, darkest South County Sligo I came across
>tribes at war over such trivialities as traditional intonation and it's
>merits in their boorish turn on music, an intense and smouldering
>jelousy sorrounding their record collections of alien musics and
>politics! Don't start them......Vicious! They bite- and their heads are at
>groin level!!!

Jaysus, Harry, you're an awful man.  There's me
trying to make us out to be grand friendly little Irish
folk, and you have to let slip about the Sligo crowd
--sure they ate their young up there.  Just for that,
I've a good mind not to tell the list that that Napoleon
tune they were on about is on your CD, "as carelessly
I did stray".  What was it called again? "Napoleon
Crossing his Legs"?  "Napoleon Draining the Shannon"?
Anyway, since you had the cheek to contradict me,
I'm not going to tell them that, nor will I add that the
CD is on the Foetain label, SPINCD1005, or that it's
brilliant altogether.  I also intend to appropriate your
"chess nuts boasting in an open foyer" joke as my
entry in this year's Keats and Chapman competition,
held every Christmas in our thatched cabin--first prize,
a prime soused pig's cheek.  (If you have the stomach
for it, check the archives for the true Keats and
Chapman derivation of "The Wearing of the Green".)
(Some readers may not have a bull's notion about the
Keats and Chapman stories--well, that's a pity.)

- Paul.