Help for IRTRAD-L Archives

IRTRAD-L Archives

Re: Book on Box-Players

Paul de Grae <[log in to unmask]>

Irish Traditional Music List <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 28 Nov 2002 19:04:41 +0000

Gregor wrote:
>Hi Irtraders,
> some of you should know more about this, as my last stay in Ireland was
>in 1998: Maire O'Keeffe, who shared the Doorus Mill near Kinvara with Jackie
>Daly at that time, was about to write a book about box-players. What came out
>of that?

Hi Gregor,
Maire's accordion research is actually for her thesis at
the World Music Center of the University of Limerick.
I too hope that it gets published, but she's never said
anything to me about that. I don't even know if it's
finished. You know how it is when your friends are
working on their thesis, they don't like to be asked if
it's finished yet...

- Paul.