Help for IRTRAD-L Archives

IRTRAD-L Archives

Re: Accompaniment and other irritants

Jim Coogan <[log in to unmask]>

Irish Traditional Music List <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 15 Nov 2002 09:48:02 EST

In a message dated 11/15/02 5:49:41 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

>Roll on the day when we have the technology to get rid of all accompaniment,
>should we wish to!!!

There is good accompaniment and bad accompaniment -- good mixing and bad
mixing of records -- you can have a perfectly accompanied recording screwed
up by an engineer who is clueless as to what he is listening to - as well as
some clueless accompanist (is that a word)

I for one would be the first in line to fight any of the turks who are out
to put Paul DeGrae's guitar on the bon fire.

Be cool Jimbo!!

Jim C
http://members.aol.com/jimattheboxofc/