Help for IRTRAD-L Archives

IRTRAD-L Archives

Re: Tune ID

Philippe Varlet <[log in to unmask]>

Irish Traditional Music List <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 9 Nov 2002 15:49:46 -0500

At 08:16 PM 11/09/2002 +0000, you wrote:
>A fun flute tune. I'm getting too many unnamed tunes, however, and am
>confusing myself. Anyone know this?
>Thanks in advance,
>Jeff Shannon
>
>Name: Gan Ainm
>K: D
>R: Reel
>M: C
>|B2BA Bdge|d2ge dBGA|B2BA Bdge|dBAB B2G2:|
>gfed edBA|gfed e3~f|g2(3fed efge|afge dfa2:|

It's called "Tommy Peoples' " (no. 2 in a set of two) on the album "Ceol
Aduaidh" by Mairead Ni Mhaonaigh and Frankie Kennedy, which is where a lot
of people learned that one.

Philippe Varlet
Hard-to-find imported Irish CDs
http://www.celticgrooves.com