The PIR board is largely US centric. It would really great if we can put forward any good African
candidates for this position. If anyone you know may fit this description (below), it may even
result in re-location of the organisation.......
If anyone is interested to know more, please do not hesitate to speak to me.
Chief Executive Officer
Newly formed nonprofit corporation with responsibility to manage the registry for the .ORG domain
seeks CEO. Responsibilities include working closely with Board to implement the transfer and
start-up operation of the registry and thereafter working to achieve the strategic goals and
objectives of the organization, which include policy and general management of the .ORG domain. The
successful candidate should have 10 plus years in IT executive management. Experience and
familiarity with registry/registrar/registrant relationships a plus. The CEO will report to the
Board of Directors.
- supporting the transfer of .ORG registry operations
- implementing the subcontracting agreement with back-end service provider for registry services
- hiring staff
- overseeing general operation of registry
- ensuring fiscally sound financial management of registry
- representing the registry in the community at large
- board administration and support
Please submit resume & cover letter w/ salary requirements to David W. Maher, Chair, Board of
Directors at [log in to unmask]