Subject: Re: Query: FL or FOG
From: Gunnar Swanson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 26 Oct 2002 09:23:06 -0700

Gerald,

>Heck, I still have the disk copies (remember
>those?-real artifacts of the digital era!!!) of FontStudio (Letraset) and
>Type Designer 1 (ATF-Kinglsey) for all the good they will do me.

I haven't had the time to even think about designing a typeface in
recent years but I think I was using Mac OS 9 when I last fired up
FontStudio (but it's possible that it was OS 8 on my old beige G3.)
You need to install the non FPU version (the one everyone threw away
because it was for antiquated hardware.) I have no idea whether it
will run as Classic under OS X.

I have it in the back of my head that someone makes a utility to make
installation diskette sets copied to CD work but you'd either need to
do that or get a diskette drive.

Gunnar
--
Gunnar Swanson Design Office