Subject: Re: Report & pictures from ATypI in Rome (sexism)
From: Jean Francois Porchez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 30 Oct 2002 22:13:53 +0100

17 10 02 00 06: Jill Bell, [log in to unmask] a écrit / wrote:

>>> ...And while we are at it, as you can see, men
>> still greatly outnumber women in the field of type.

> The real discussion is WHY this is so, and not if it is so.  And then
> I come out on the side of the guys, quite frankly. I've had this
> conversation with many type people, my favorite being Ilene Strizver.
> There are many reasons it is so, besides it being some sort of
> conspiracy by an old boys club, a glass ceiling or something, which I

If it help to make your future better, from the couple of years I teach type
design, most of the years, there is more women than men in my course. But I
think we've already discussed that... Generally the ratio is always in favor
of women in graphic/art schools.

Salutations, Jean François Porchez
Porchez Typofonderie, France
http://www.typofonderie.com/ Buy and download your PTF fonts safely