Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

Subject: ALGAE-L: Request for specimens in North Atlantic
From: School account <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 19 Sep 2002 15:56:08 -0400

Dear Phycologists,

I am currently looking for samples of Porphyra umbilicalis for DNA
extraction.  I am specifically looking for samples in origins other than
England, U.S. or Canada.  European, Scandinavian and Icelandic samples would
be golden!

I am in the process of emailing specific individuals for this endeavor but
would appreciate anyone that may be able to send me a small amount of tissue
(.5 gram/silica gel preserved) or herbarium sample.  I will also reimburse
any shipping costs that may incur.  I am using the material to test some
bio-geographical questions for my doctoral thesis.

Thank you for your assistance,

Brian Teasdale
46 College Rd.
Rudman Hall, Rm. 325
Dept. of Plant Biology
Univ. of New Hampshire
Durham, NH  03824
(603)862-1767

This message was sent to you because you are subscribed to ALGAE-L, a listserver list run by [log in to unmask] You can remove your name from the ALGAE-L list by sending a message to [log in to unmask] with the words SIGNOFF ALGAE-L in the text. If you have further difficulty please contact Mike Guiry. More information and an archive of messages since1995 can be found at
http://www.seaweed.ie/algae-l