Subject: Representing pronunciation characters in XML
From: Chris von See <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 20 Jul 2002 21:59:39 -0500

Hello listers -

How can one represent the various characters used in pronunciation using
XML?  I've found most of them by looking at the HTML entities and/or the
Unicode spec, but I'm stumped on how to create characters such as the "oo
macron" or "oo breve" (oo with a macron/breve character over it).  Any
suggestions?

Thanks
Chris

"Don't *say* things.  What you *are* stands over you the while, and
thunders so that I cannot hear what you say to the
contrary."

--- Emerson, "Social Aims"