Help for IRTRAD-L Archives

IRTRAD-L Archives

Subject: Re: Piper of Perdition
From: Paul Keating <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 22 Jul 2002 14:47:14 EDT

In a message dated 7/22/2002 1:09:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Their playing together, along with Philadelphia power-house guitarist John
> Brennan,
> was incredible at Irish Arts was the entire experience.
> I look forward to seeing other comments about the week by others who were
> lucky
> enough to be there.  *I* was overwhelmed!
> Tommy Peoples, Paddy O'Brian, Billy McComiskey, Mary Bergin, Patrick
> Ourceau, et al,
> were amazing.  And "ga-RODE   o-HAL-o-rin", whose name I can finally
> pronounce (I think).

The man responsible for the Irish music score for The Road to Perdition, John
Williams detoured through East Durham late Saturday and sat in with Karan
Casey and Niall Vallelly at the Catskills Irish Arts Week Festival.  He was
touring with  THE CROSSING show at a local bluegrass festival the night