Subject: Re: Skythians and Arthur, was RE: Celtic-L and Arthurnet
From: Pamela Highet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 20 Jul 2002 15:21:07 -0700

Not to sound post-modern, but, out of curiosity, what's the point of the
pro-Scythian group's arguments?  Is it just a matter of a pet theory being
propounded to the nth degree (and lord knows, that happens often enough in
academic circles) or is there some underlying purpose/historigraphical
theory?

Dave

I do not think this is the main reason, but I certainly think it has
SOMETHING to do with it.  I seem to remember that Malcor or her husband
believe they are personally descended in some way from the Scythians . . .
this is purely heresay but it reflects the flavor of a conversation I had
with her at one point.  It may have something to do with the family name.  I
think that one reason that we Celts want to keep Arthur for ourselves is
because WE are Celts.  Probably other people who are NOT Celts wish to find
ways to claim him for themselves.

Pamela