Subject: OT: OC was: Confidential to Andy Crewdson: TypoBlog
From: Gunnar Swanson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 9 May 2002 15:25:47 -0700

Nothing to do with type.

It wasn't all that interesting and it was a long time ago--c. 30
years. It was a case about a traffic accident where the witness
against me seemed to have a problem with people with long hair, my
theory about his testimony. (Yes. I used to have hair. Weird, huh?)
The judge was, apparently, indicating his impartiality by indicating
that he, too had a problem with people with long hair but he was
finding me guilty simply because I was, he insisted, guilty. I
restrained myself from commenting on how a guy wearing a black satin
dress was considered non-mainstream in my neighborhood. Such
restraint was, in those days, not usually my strength, BTW.

>>From:    Gunnar Swanson
>>>  once had an Orange County judge tell me that my actions
>>>  were reprehensible and my appearance was bizarre
>Enquiring minds want to know. Offline is okay if they are extremely
>rude, lewd and lacivious. The list has been really boring lately
>anyway, and we aught to provide some genuine fodder for the type
>dilettantes who need something to write articles about online.

Gunnar Swanson Design Office
536 South Catalina Street
Ventura CA 93001-3625

+1 805 667 2200