Tha ceist agam

"Bell, Raymond" <[log in to unmask]>

Bell, Raymond

Sun, 5 May 2002 15:17:10 +0100

Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 09:09:36 -0400
From: "Lois\\Ted Macdonald" <[log in to unmask]>

> D=E8 a' Ghaidhlig a th' air "Are you interested in X?"

A bheil =F9idh agad/agaibh ann an "X"?

> "I am interested in X"

Tha =F9idh agam ann an "X".

Tha =F9idh aig Daibhidh ann an G=E0idhlig.
(David is interested in Gaelic.)

Or perhaps for the other kind of "interest"... and I don't know whether this
has romantic overtones...

Bha iad mo/r aig a che/ile- They liked each other ("were big at each other")

I posted this one a while back, and haven't had any feedback on it. I've
heard it elsewhere but can't remember how exactly it was getting used.

Want to signoff for a while?
Send command SIGNOFF GAIDHLIG-B to [log in to unmask]