Subject: Re: Textual orientation
From: Rodolfo Capeto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 28 Mar 2002 15:59:14 -0300

On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, Michael Brady wrote:

> >   Commenting on Excoffon's Mistral, Sem Hartz says that each sort
> >   carried a small raised "normal" version of the character, so
> >   illegible the type itself was.
>
> This is a very intriguing remark. The individual letters of
> Mistral are easily readable when shown correctly, but not so
> when reversed!

Hmm, I'm quite certain (if that wasn't clear) that Hartz means
that each sort of metal Mistral had its character represented by
a small letter in some "readable" style. That was of course
below printing height and was most probably a monoline sans ;) .
Not an un-reversed version of Mistral itself, sacre bleu! But
your point holds.