Help for DLI-LAW Archives

DLI-LAW Archives

Subject: Change in List Options
From: "T. John O'Dowd" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 11 Mar 2002 12:18:42 +0000

Dear DLI-LAW subscribers,

because of the predominance of "spam" on the list in recent months, I have
changed the "Send" setting for the list. In future, subscribers should be
able to send e-mails freely to the list, but non-subscribers e-mails will
have to be approved by me, as list Editor.

For those of you (most, I imagine) who are unaware of the history of the
DLI-LAW mailing list - it is an offshoot of the IRISHLAW mailing list

http://listserv.heanet.ie/irishlaw.html

It was created when the IRISHLAW adopted a policy some years ago, that all
postings should be approved by a moderator, before being posted to the list.
In order to meet some people's opposition of this policy, it was agreed to
create an unalternative, unmoderated list - DLI-LAW.

As owner of DLI-LAW, I have formed the view that some control over posting
should be introduced - in view of the fact that the list is effectively
dormant. Some of you might also be interested in subscribing to IRISHLAW
(details can be found at the URL given above), as an alternative or a
complement to your subscription to this list.

For your information, IRISHLAW has 425 subscribers, whereas DLI-LAW has 45.

Naturally, if any significant number of subscribers to the list strongly
object to the change in the posting options I can change back again.

Yours sincerely

John O'Dowd