AFRIK-IT March 2002

IS digital library survey

Kwok Chin Wong <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 17 Mar 2002 22:21:33 +0800

Dear IS Colleagues,

Many of you have seen or used some of the new digital library systems
that are becoming available, such as the ACM digital library and the new
AIS e-library system, which provides access to ICIS and AIS conference
proceedings. It has been proposed that a comprehensive digital library
be developed to serve the specific needs of the IS community. Since an
IS Digital Library (ISDL) could potentially be useful to all IS World
subscribers, I solicit your assistance.

A Master's student of mine (Kwok Chin Wong) is conducting a survey to
identify the IS community's preferences for IS literature usage and
potential features for an ISDL. The findings of the survey will be used
to prioritise work on development of an ISDL.

Because of the potential for broad usage from among IS World
subscribers, we hope that a high percentage of you will take the 10-20
minutes needed to complete the survey. Because developing countries are
under-represented in the IS World list, we hope that potential users
from those countries in particular will make an effort to complete the
survey. The survey can be found online at

http://staff.cbs.curtin.edu.au/venablej/Questionnaire.html.

We hope that you will be able to complete the survey before going away
over the holiday season. The input from each subscriber to IS World will
be useful. Thank your very much for your kind assistance. Peace and best
wishes to you all.

Regards,
John Venable and Kwok Chin Wong

Dr John R Venable, Senior Lecturer
School of Information Systems               _--_|\
Curtin University of Technology            /        \
GPO Box U 1987                     Perth-->\_.--._/<--Sydney
Perth 6845, Western Australia                      v
phone: (61 8) 9266 7684
fax  : (61 8) 9266 3076
email: [log in to unmask]
http://www.cbs.curtin.edu.au/is/staff/venablej.html (official)
http://www.cbs.curtin.edu.au/units/is/venable/Homepage (personal)

Note: $15.00 fee (in Australian dollars) for all unsolicited spam mail.

Spam includes all mail that is neither specifically requested by me nor

a personal communication.  By sending me anything that may qualify as
spam, you have agreed to the terms and conditions of my service.  If in

any doubt, you may send me an enquiry as to whether or not your message

will be construed as Spam.  There is no charge for this service.