RNA extraction from Phaeocystis

Kathleen Kohlberg <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 8 Jan 2002 15:28:23 -0500

TEXT/PLAIN

Does anyone have a protocol for RNA extraction for algae in general or
Phaeocystis in particular? I have searched the literature without much
success, and I tried the Qiagen kit (that I used before for mammalian RNA)
but I am not getting very high yields for the amount of material that I am
using. Thank you for your assistance.

Sincerely,
Kathleen Kohlberg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kathleen E. Kohlberg, M.S.
Research Technician II
Skidaway Institute of Oceanography
10 Ocean Science Circle
Savannah, GA 31404
(912) 598-2395 phone
(912) 598-2310 fax

please contact Mike Guiry. More information and an archive of messages since
1995 can be found at http://www.seaweed.ie/algae-l/default.html