Subject: Re: Runtime error while using DOM
From: "K.Sukrutha Kini" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 26 Dec 2001 20:36:35 -0800

Hi,

DocumentBuilderFactory class contain some methods
and one of them is isIgnoringElementContentWhitespace
you need to declare all the the methods of the above
class, but u need to write any code inside those
methods.

With regrdas

Kini

--- Gopal Maddipatla <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:
> Hi,
>  I would be thankful if you could look into this
> runtime error using Java
> DOM:
>  The source code is like :
>
> -------------------------- SOURCE BEGIN
> -------------------------------
> javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory docfact;
> javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder docbuild;
>
>  public CreateDocument()
>  {
>   docfact  = DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance();
>   docfact.setValidating(true);
>   docfact.setNamespaceAware(false);
>
>   try
>   {
>    docbuild = docfact.newDocumentBuilder();
>    doc      = docbuild.newDocument();
>   }
>
> This compiles successfully.. But, during runtime, I
> get the following error:
>
> -------------------------- SOURCE END
>  Exception in thread "main"
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory: method
> isIgnoringElementContentWhitespace()Z not found
>         at
> org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.<init>
> (DocumentBuilderImpl.java:133)
>         at

org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl.newDocumentBuilder