Subject: Runtime error while using DOM
From: Gopal Maddipatla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 26 Dec 2001 18:36:43 +0000

Hi,
 I would be thankful if you could look into this runtime error using Java
DOM:
 The source code is like :

-------------------------- SOURCE BEGIN -------------------------------
javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory docfact;
javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder docbuild;

 public CreateDocument()
 {
  docfact  = DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance();
  docfact.setValidating(true);
  docfact.setNamespaceAware(false);

  try
  {
   docbuild = docfact.newDocumentBuilder();
   doc      = docbuild.newDocument();
  }

This compiles successfully.. But, during runtime, I get the following error:

-------------------------- SOURCE END -------------------------------
javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory: method
isIgnoringElementContentWhitespace()Z not found
        at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.<init>
(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:133)
        at
org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl.newDocumentBuilder
(DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl.java:92)
        at CreateDocument.<init>(CreateDocument.java:105)
        at Test.main(Test.java:16)

I'm novice to this XML environment.  Any help from you will be greatly
appreciated.  Thank you,
- Gopal