Subject: Re: xsl & javascript help
From: Michael Beddow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 1 Dec 2001 14:30:31 -0000

On Saturday, December 01, 2001 10:49 AM
Praveen T H M wrote:

> I have to pass some information from my xsl to a
> javascript function.
> The name space i am using in my xsl is -
> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
> xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl">
> In the above name space the xsl element <xsl:variable>
> is not working.

That's because the now completely obsolete original MS implementation of
XSL doesn't implement <xsl:variable> at all.

> I can not change the name space to
> xmlns:var="http://www.w3.org/1999/xsl/transform"
> as it is giving some other problems.

Sorry, but you have no choice. If you want to use XSLT you have to use
the correct namespace and then solve these "other problems" (which are
probably due to using features in the old MS XSL that are no longer part
of the standard.)

Michael
Michael Beddow   http://www.mbeddow.net/
XML and the Humanities page:  http://xml.lexilog.org.uk/