Subject: Re: xsl namespace problem
From: "John E. Simpson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 6 Dec 2001 22:46:57 -0500

At 11:29 AM 12/06/2001 +0000, Praveen THM wrote:
>In my xsl i am using the namespace:
>xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/xsl/transform"
>But the xsl element <xsl:value-of select=""> is not
>working in the namespace.
>The display on the browser just goes blank.

Aside from the suggestions of others -- to be sure you're using a recent
version of the MSXML processor with IE -- one suggestion. Perhaps you
didn't mean it literally, but the value of the select attribute in your
example should probably *not* be an empty string. What you want there is an
XPath expression, like
    <xsl:value-of select="."/>
(note ".") to display the string-value of the context node.

Apologies if I'm reading too much into your example. :)

John E. Simpson        | "In relativity theory, space and time are the
http://www.flixml.org  | same thing. Einstein discovered this when he kept
XML Q&A: www.xml.com   | showing up three miles late for his meetings."