Help for AFRIK-IT Archives

AFRIK-IT Archives

AFRIK-IT@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE

AFRIK-IT Home

AFRIK-IT  November 2001

AFRIK-IT November 2001

Re: An Invitation Re: Global Telecentre "Movement"

Michael Gurstein <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 25 Nov 2001 23:00:29 -0500

Katim,

I may have misworded the paragraph in that Scott and I were asked to
contribute the article because we were understood (by the editors) to have
expertise in the area of telecentres and development.  However, in our
judgement the subject would warrant contributions from a broader range of
discussants and precisely in ways facilitated by this medium.

We both have approached people that we consider to be knowledgeable in areas
(or regions) additional to our own areas of experience or who have different
perspectives from ours but they were unwilling or unable to take the time to
undertake a full-blown article, hence the note throwing this open to
contributions from the rather wide range of people who have knowledge in the
area.

The issue of copyright is I think rather standard in that copyright in email
lists is still a very ambiguous subject--so rather than having to go back to
all contributors to get them to send a signed copyright waver which would be
required prior to publication, I took this perhaps rather awkward way of
proceeding.

Those with in depth experience with various aspects of telecentres of
course, are free and even encouraged to submit their articles for
publication either in this journal or elesewhere and this is not meant to
substitute for that as they are free and encouraged to participate in our
little round robin discussion.

regs

Mike Gurstein
.