Help for OLD-IRISH-L Archives

OLD-IRISH-L Archives

Subject: Re: Imbolc - milking?
From: Vicki Pasco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 23 Oct 2001 12:11:42 -0400

I just happen to have that piece of poetry...but there is probably a better
translation around somewhere.

Carna, cuirm, cnoimes, cadla,
it e ada na samna,
tendar ar cnuc co n-grinde,
blathach, brechtan urimme.

Flesh, beer, nuts, pork rinds-
These are the dues of Samhain;
A bonfire for merriment at the top of a hill,
Buttermilk, and fresh butter for offering.

I have the stanza's for Lughnasa and Belltaine also, if you would like them.
Vicki