Help for OLD-IRISH-L Archives

OLD-IRISH-L Archives

Subject: Re: Amergin
From: Carmen Leal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 14 Oct 2001 01:39:37 +0200

Lots of "gein" compounds among Ancient Cantabrian names, i. e. Alissiegini;
Origenus (CM León p. 44) & Origena (CIL II, 6298) vadiniensis (*-orc); other
spanish areas: Belligenos; Sangenus... (Albertos, in Tovar 1979; she sees
"-genus" as Celtic, despite shortness of them in CLTIB area).
Cf. my own ASPECTS OF PERSONAL NAMES OF ANCIENT CANTABRIA (Proc. XIXth
International Congress Onomastic Sciences; Aberdeen 1998, vol. 3, 250-254)

C. Soria,
Dovidena Alissiegina