Subject: XML Startkabel updates
From: xml startkabel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 10 Oct 2001 09:38:22 +0200

-------------------------------------
Apologize for cross posting
-------------------------------------

Another upgrade announcement from XML Startkabel (http://xml.startkabel.nl/). We are growing quickly these days.

----------------------
Sponsor
----------------------
Just like every useful sites, we do have sponsors:
X-Hive Corporation (http://www.x-hive.com)
X-Hive Corporation is a leading innovator in XML database technology. Their X-Hive/DB is a native XML database designed for large volume XML data environments. An unmatched combination of features sets X-Hive/DB apart from alternative data storage methods and makes it the ideal foundation for developing and implementing XML-based applications.
Salience (http://www.salience.nl/)
Salience is a Dutch based XML company. They analyze, design and implement total XML solutions for enterprise market.
---------------------
What's New?
---------------------
On request of many users, SVG section is added to XML.Startkabel.NL.
SVG (Scalable Vector Graphic) is an open-standard vector graphics language that lets you design Web pages with exciting, high-resolution graphics including such sophisticated elements as gradients, embedded fonts, transparency, animation, and filter effects, using plain text commands.
The Scalable Vector Graphic format is based on XML (Extensible Markup Language) and is being developed by a working group of W3C. For technical information on SVG, see: http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/index.html
---------------------
Sub pages
---------------------
To reduce the total number of links on the XML site, we introduced another sub page http://xml2.startkabel.nl. More XML trainings and publications related links would be put on this site in the future.
Hot topics as XSL, XHTML, XML specification and XML database system have also their own sub page. These sub pages can be reached via the main xml page.
http://xsl.startkabel.nl
http://xhtml.startkabel.nl
http://xml-spec.startkabel.nl
http://xml-database-sys.startkabel.nl
About XML Startkabel
XML Startkabel is a portal site dedicated for XML users. Our goal is creating an online reference list for XML and XML related topics like XSL, XHTML. We do not comment the links, but collect them and put them in categories. If you like what we are doing on our website, please pass the word around about http://xml.startkabel.nl/ and join our mailing list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/xml_start_here
Also if you have a XML related website, link to us and when people are asking for URLs, please tell them about the content on our website. We also would like to link to your site if it is related to the XML.
XML Startkabel team
http://xml.startkabel.nl