AFRIK-IT Archives

AFRIK-IT@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE

AFRIK-IT Home

AFRIK-IT  October 2001

AFRIK-IT October 2001

UMEs Publicist Plan

"C.Sade Turnipseed" <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 15 Oct 2001 16:11:11 EDT

UME
Making your career a priority!

... a Southern California-based Public/Media Relations and Management firm
that represents performing and literary artists from
“da Hoods, ‘Burbs and Los Barrios”
of America.

THE PUBLICIST PLAN

UME client’s have direct access to a top-quality Publicist when there is a
media need.
This is how it works:

UME is a national network of professional media researchers and journalists
making community access to media assistance easy and affordable. The business
of entertainment (artistic & literary), non-profits, and educational
communities all have an increasingly urgent need for media representation.
The UME Publicist Plan offers a wide range of publicity support and strategic
marketing capabilities.

SERVICE
Our mission is to increase the media and community awareness of our clients
by continued rapid acquisition of personnel changes within the media corps
and staying abreast of issues reflective of our client's talents and
contributions. We continually monitor our contacts within the media and
provide timely cues that serve the needs of the media and our clients.

The UME provides to each client a comprehensive slate of publicity services:
  Press Kit development
  Standard Press Announcement(s): Press Release, Public Service Announcement
(PSA),            and Media Alert composition and distribution
  Articles: Features, Commentary, Editorials, Investigative
  Television Scripting: Documentary, Commercial, Editing
  Radio: Voice-over production
  Press Conference Coordination
  Special media/public relations events
  Concert & Lecture promotions
  Media Spokesperson

COST
Creative business people are finding that a Publicity program is the perfect
answer for the constraints of their existing and projected budgets. Through
an arranged payment plan, our staff will structure a media solution that will
work within any situation. The standard Publicist retainer fee is $1500.00
per month. However, in the spirit of Ujamaa (cooperative economics) & Ujima
(collective work and responsibility), UME is able to offer Publicist services
for as little as $50.00 per month, for individuals and $150.00 per month, for
most businesses. This means you too can have a “Johnnie-On-The-Spot”
Publicist servicing your media, publicity and advertising needs.

MEMBERSHIP
Each year, our organization lends media relations, training, and promotional
support to organizations that have a particular interest in diversity and
projecting the "right" image,
of those, and to those concerned. With your annual membership, we are able to
get you plugged-in to a wonderful array of activities, festivals, media
outlets and creative ideas
that best suit your media/community outreach needs.

OUR COMMITMENT
We are committed to creating opportunities for young people, artists,
scholars and business people with products and services that reflect a strong
sense of cultural focus and positive motivating images. Our commitment too is
giving access to producers, and audiences the works of emerging artists,
whose talent represents the highest level of artistic aspiration. We are also
very committed to literary awareness in our communities. Therefore, we shall
continue paving a way in the community entwining and creating access to the
media and educational institutions along our path.

Through this simple concept of pooling people together, who are in the
business of art and/or community service, now gains everyone access to
award-winning writers, publicists and media technicians. The results are
clear. Emerging and established people, who are serious about their careers
can now avail the kind of savvy media representation, that only the rich and
the famous have been able to afford.

That’s a good thing,

C.Sade Turnipseed, MBA MS,
Executive Manager, UME
POB 62415
Los Angeles, CA 90062
323.759.8100
323.759.8018 fax

 The Publicist Plan
 PRICE & SERVICE BREAKDOWN
 (Strategic Public Relations consultation is included with each membership
package)

 PACKAGE I  INDIVIDUAL PLAN
 This package is geared towards people (individuals), who have occasional
media needs. This plan also works well for emerging artists and new
businesses, who would like to build an initial media package for press,
advertising and general promotions.
 SERVICE
  Press Kit Development:
  Photo *
  Biography
  Zed Card*
  Press Release (one PR/quarter)
 PRICE
  $200.00 sign-up
  $50.00/month
  $300.00/ semi-annual plan
  $550.00/annual plan

 PACKAGE II ACCELERATED PLAN
 This package is geared towards artists, scholars and businesses, with more
sophisticated media requirements than the individual plan. This plan is
recommended for the artist/scholar who needs to document and substantiate
their many accomplishments. Thereby developing materials that strategically
enhance their portfolio package. These materials are necessary to show
producers, directors or entities that may be looking to cast a particular
film, series, or play production. Businesses would consider this package for
an accelerated marketing campaign, that promotes notoriety of their goods and
services. The results are higher visibility of overall business plan
objectives.
 SERVICE
  Press Kit Development:
  Photo *
  Biography
  Zed Card*
  Press Release (one per month)
  Media Alert (two per month)
  Feature Article (one per quarter)
  Editorial (one annually)
  Radio Promotions: commercial scripting, PSAs**
  Television Promotions: commercial, documentary scripting, editing**
  Web development and monthly maintanence***
 PRICE
  $400.00 sign-up
  $150.00/month
  $900.00/ semi-annual plan
  $1.700.00/annual plan

 PACKAGE III    GOLD PLAN
 This custom package is for the established artist/scholar with projects,
that are just beginning or on-going. This plan requires a substantial
marketing strategy construction and implementation. Services available in
this level are aggressive in media campaigning and community outreach.
 SERVICE
  Press Kit Development:
  Photo *
  Biography
  Zed Card*
  Press Release (two per month)
  Media Alert (four per month)
  Feature Article (two per quarter)
  Editorial (two annually)
  Radio Promotions: commercial scripting, PSAs**
  Television Promotions: commercial, documentary scripting, editing**
  Web development and monthly maintanence***
 PRICE
  $650.00 sign-up
  $250.00/month
  $1,500.00/ semi-annual plan
  $2,800.00/annual plan

 PACKAGE IV PLATINUM PLAN
 The Platinum package is a 24 hour on-call service offering. This package
will provide unlimited public/media relations services, a media spokesperson
and talent agency representation, if needed.
 SERVICE
  Press Kit Development:
  Photo *
  Biography
  Zed Card*
  Press Release (unlimited)
  Media Alert (unlimited)
  Feature Article (one/month)
  Editorial (one/month)
  Radio Promotions: commercial scripting, PSAs**
  Television Promotions: commercial, documentary scripting, editing**
  Web development and monthly maintanence***
  Special Project and Event Hosting
  Media Spokesperson (press conference coordination)
 PRICE
  $2,500.00 sign-up
  $1,500.00/month
  $9,000.00/ semi-annual plan
  $18,000.00/annual plan
NOTE:  All duplications, printing, photocopies, distributions (canvassing,
postage, internet and faxing), communications and travel are subject to
additional fees for UME services.
    * independent contractor rates TBD
    ** standard market rates
        *** independent contractor rates TBD