Subject: Re: XML Schema Question
From: Paul Spencer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 28 Aug 2001 10:55:06 +0100

For your optional elements, you need to include "minOccurs="0". That might
explain your error message - if you have a bill_to_phone without a
bill_to_contact, you would get the message you quote.

If this is not the problem, can you post the instance as well as the schema.
Also, replace tabs by a couple of spaces - it is much easier to read for
those offering free help.

You might also like to re-think your naming. You have a generic "Address"
type, but all the sub-elements make it a billing address. Why not just use
element names like "city" and "state"? Then you can define an element as:

<xsd:element name="BillingAddress type="Address"/>

Or you could define Company, Address and Contact separately and pull them
together for billing.

Regards

Paul Spencer
CTO, alphaXML Ltd