Help for IRTRAD-L Archives

IRTRAD-L Archives

Subject: Re: Box Question: Fonnchai
From: Jim Coogan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 29 Aug 2001 17:41:11 EDT

In a message dated 8/29/01 1:43:02 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

>Does he play *three* different systems? Or use C#/D fingering on a
>D/D#?

Regards Benny and the Galliard D/D# - It would be much easier to play the
D/D# properly from the outside row to the inside than to be messing around
with the home row as Eb flat by playing it on the inside row (Benny would be
too much of a gentleman for that)   as some have oppined here on the list --
the C natural would be in the same place as on a C# box  -- only difference
is the "versitile" notes instead of being F# and C# would be D and G.

I played it in Milwaukee  last year and it is a sweet sounding bitteen of a
box with about the same "punch"  as an Irish Bouebe.

However I think 3000  +/- quid along with a 2  year wait for a 2 voice is a
bit much..

This is only my oppinion, which  most times is overwelmingly agreed to on the
list ;-)))

Jim C
http://members.aol.com/jimatheboxofc/