Help for IRTRAD-L Archives

IRTRAD-L Archives

John (Jacko) Reilly 1926-69

tom munnelly <[log in to unmask]>

Irish Traditional Music List <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 13 Aug 2001 10:45:14 +0100

Dear Matthew

Delighted to hear of your interest in John. Just a few notes: His grave is
now marked. The recordings made by D.K. Wilgus and I a few weeks before
John died (some 36 songs at one sitting) are in the archive of the Folklore
Program in the Univesity of
Californaia in Los Angeles. Other material of which I sent a copy of to
Peter Kennedy (for comment only) in the sixties he published many years
later,
without my permission, as a tape on Folktracks. I, or John's estate,
received no payment, (not even a copy of the cassette), so I would earnestly
ask anyone to reconsider buying anything from his catalogue. (Roylaties
from the Topic LP went to a Traveller's school.)

Regards,

Tom