Subject: Re: Xlink problem
From: Michael Beddow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 17 Jul 2001 14:23:58 +0100

On Monday, July 16, 2001 6:46 PM
Darren Van Norman wrote:

> I'm just learning about Xlinks and I'm trying to just create a simple
> going to an arbitrary URL as a test.  All it does when rendered in
IE5.5 is
> show the text, without any link capability.

There is no support for XLink in IE5. You have to use XSLT to rewrite
the XLinks into http links, with obvious loss of functionality.

There is limited support for XLink in NS6, and more in the latest
Mozilla builds. Opera 5 has some support via special CSS provisions, but
I personally haven't been able to get it to work properly.

Michael Beddow
XML and the Humanities page: