Subject: Re: web type pet peeve
From: Stephen Coles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 9 Jun 2001 16:43:58 -0700

Some very lovely bitmaps for free from Mark Simonson:
http://www.ms-studio.com/oldbitmapfonts.html

While I'm not sure yet if any are worthy of replacing the MS designs for my
on-screen reading, it's interesting that he says he "made these fonts back
when a pixel was worth something. I had intended to market them, but along
came PostScript and high-res imagesetters and, well, there didn't seem to be
much point. I have decided to release them into the public domain."

Didn't seem to be much point? Mr. Simonson might kick himself if he knew of
Atomic Matthew's summer estate on the Riviera funded entirely by bitmap
sales.

,,   Stephen Coles