Subject: Re: Interstate Relatives
From: Martin Pedrick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 25 May 2001 05:10:40 +0100

Andy Crewdson wrote:

> Yes the article is very good, but I don't think it states that
> it is not available digitally (since if I remember right, they
> used the digital version of Transport for parts of the article's
> layout).

Indeed, they did use it for the layout [the headings?] - Sorry I
wasn't precise in my words...

I haven't got my copy to hand so I can't verify it but I think
they state that Transport has never been made publically
availible except in the form of Letraset for a period of time --
or words to that effect.

Of course we know different :) The only reason I knew about the
URW version was via Lines and Splines.

Back to the topic, although originally [as I'm sure most of TYPO-L knows]
designed for CDG Airport, Frutiger is also used on road signage, this is
from the Linotype site:

"On the highway: Frutiger is exactly right for any
application in which quick understanding of
important information even in difficult conditions is
of the essence, for example, on road signs like
those on the highways of Switzerland and France."

Bye.

--
Martin Pedrick -> . + .: = :: -> http://www.untitled1.co.uk/