Help for GAIDHLIG-B Archives

GAIDHLIG-B Archives

Subject: Re: facal \ur eile
From: Colin Mark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 15 May 2001 21:49:32 +0100

Here are some examples of usage:
Scotsman
Fhuair a h-uile neach a bha 'na lib uidhir a thlachd s a bhith ga
dhanamh.
Everybody who was involved got so much pleasure from doing it.

Rinn prgram air BBC2 cineadh uabhasach air rach a' bhradain agus thinig
mran connspaid 'na lib.
A proramme on BBC2 slanged salmon raising dreadfully and much controversy
accompanied it

Gairm
Gheibhear faclan Duitseach, Frangach agus Beurla an lib a chile anns an d
chnain
Dutch, French and English words will be found entangled/mixed together in
both languages

b'ann an lib na mara bha a chuid obair fhathast:
his work was still associated/comnnected with the sea

Theirinn gu bheil "Uisge an Fhuarain" airidh air foillseachadh ann an
leabhar - math-dh'fhaoidte ann an lib cuid eile de rosg an ghdair
I would say that "Uisge an Fhuarain" was worthy of publishing in a book -
perhaps along with some other of the author's prose

Cothrom 14
Thid an leabhran a-mach a h-uile sia miosan agus tha 47 tiotal Gidhlig
anns a' chiad iris, is bileag rdachaidh is fiosrachaidh na lib.
 The brochure will be issued every six months and 47 Gaelic titles are
highlighted in the first issue, which also contains an order form and other
relevant information. (Cothrom's own translation)

Mar sin leibh

Cailean