Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

Subject: Can anyone help please?
From: Jennifer Chaseley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 17 May 2001 15:13:48 GMT0BST

As a molecular biology PhD student I have had various problems
with my investigative organism. I am looking at fucus vesicuolus, it
has taken me 8 months to optimize a techniques for extracting
RNA and protien from the brown algae the problem being the
massive amounts of alginates also extracted.

Now I need to extract genomic DNA, I have already tried Tri-
reagent (sigma) a Promega plant genomic extraction kit and
nucleospin plant and have had no success. Can anyone point me
in the right direction?

( A desparate plea from a frustrated PhD student!!!!)
Jenny Chaseley
School of Biosciences
Cardiff University

029 20 876800
07803 552376

please contact Mike Guiry. More information and an archive of messages since
1995 can be found at