Subject: Re: XSLT one to one Transformation
From: "John E. Simpson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 3 Apr 2001 09:13:32 -0400

Janning Vygen wrote:

> i am new to XSLT and i am wondering how to do a one to one mapping,
> so the input source and the output file are exactly the same (dont care
> abbout PIs or comments, just transform all xml elements with their attributes
> and content to the output file.

Search the spec for the phrase "identity transform" or "identity
transformation."

Basic idea is to use either xsl:copy or xsl:copy-of, depending on
whether you want to get just a shallow copy (that node only) or a deep
one (that node plus its descendants).

John E. Simpson          | "When I was a little kid we had a sand
http://www.flixml.org    | box. It was a quicksand box. I was an
XML Q&A: www.xml.com     | only child... eventually." (Steven Wright)