Subject: Re: Specify xmlns in DTD
From: "John E. Simpson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 6 Apr 2001 10:30:44 -0400

Tak-Lai Daryl Luk wrote:

> Is it correct to specify xmlns like this:
> <!ATTLIST e1 xmlns:foo CDATA #FIXED "www.foo.com">

Right. Here's how I did it for the XLink namespace:
<!ATTLIST flixinfo xmlns:xlink CDATA #FIXED
"http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink/namespace/"

That's never presented any problems with validation, etc. (although of
course it hasn't helped make XLink functionality itself magically
available to apps :).
John E. Simpson          | "When I was a little kid we had a sand
http://www.flixml.org    | box. It was a quicksand box. I was an
XML Q&A: www.xml.com     | only child... eventually." (Steven Wright)