Subject: Re: character reference question
From: Ivo Dimitrov <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 6 Apr 2001 11:33:06 -0600

Thanks Eric,

You're correct: the Char Range [2] in the XML spec. rules out codes below
x20 except the white space characters...

I did a little bit more research and I found that in MSXML 3.0 this problem
is fixed (and an error is properly signalled). Originally, I was loading
the XML in IE 5.0, which happens to use MSXML 2.0, hence the incorrect
behavior with character references...

Cheers,
Ivo Dimitrov

Eric Bohlman <[log in to unmask]>@[log in to unmask]> on 04/05/2001
08:57:01 PM

Please respond to General discussion of Extensible Markup Language

Sent by:  General discussion of Extensible Markup Language