Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

Subject: NEAS auction of J.Phycology: 3 more days only.
From: James Sears <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 9 Apr 2001 13:19:46 -0400

Time is running out for the Northeast Algal Society's Auction of a set of
Journal of Phycology.   The  aauction hammer falls at noon, Thursday April
12th, only 3 days away!!!    Top bid as of Moonday noon is $500.  For just
another $25, this extensive collection of algal literature is yours, or
your students', or your library's.  I'm surprised east coast phycologist
are going to let a west coast based based phycologisst 9 Washington) get
this bargin without a fight.  e-mail me your bid today.
([log in to unmask]).   Next bid would be $525.

                        Original notice
 JOURNAL OF PHYCOLOGY - NEARLY COMPLETE SET OF THE JOURNAL OFFERED FOR
> AUCTION BY THE NORTHEAST ALGAL SOCIETY. Vols. 1-35 , 1966-1999  [missing
> seven numbers: Vol 1(03), 4(01), 4(02), 7(01), 9(01), 14(02) & 27(01).]
>

> A nearly complete set of Journal of Phycology, volumes 1- 35 (1965-1999)
is being offered here for on-line auction. Minimum opening bid is $500, with
> subsequent increments of $25.  Volumes are boxed and unused.  Postage from
> Hartford, CT paid by bidder, about $80-90 anywhere in continental US.
Total value of the set is over $2000!   They could make a great addition to
your
> lab for student use, or for your private or institutional library
> acquisition.  If you can't use them yourself or in your lab, consider
> purchasing them for your institution as a gift, and receive a generous tax
> deduction, reducing your cost by 20-35% depending on your tax bracket.
> Give them to your institution and have them housed in your lab and provide
> for your students while still receiving a generous tax break. The higher
> your bid, of course, the bigger your gift tax benefit!  Or if you are a
> student, this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to build your
> phycological holdings.
>
> How to bid:  Bid by sending your bid via e-mail to Jim Sears
> ([log in to unmask]) , Chair of the NEAS Publication Committee.  Bidding
> will close at noon, Thursday, April 12th, 2001.  I will keep all bidders
> and inquirers apprised of the latest bid via e-mail within 24 hours of the
> latest bid.  Final check will be made out to Northeast Algal Society,
>with the total bid value going toward the Society's Development Fund for
>students.  Where else can you benefit so
> many, and yourself, for so little? And think of what is in all these volumes!

                                ALSO AVAILABLE
> NEAS Marine algae Keys still available.  The Northeast Algal Society also
> has a few more copies of the NEAS KEYSTO BENTHIC MARINE ALGAE OF THE
>NORTHEASTERN COAST OF NORTH AMERICA FROM LONG ISLAND SOUND TO THE STRAIT
>OF BELLE ISLEŠ, 1998, which includes keys
> to all of the marine algae of that area, complete species lists, name
> changes since Taylor, 1957,  six essays and other valuable information.
> $20 + shipping.   Orders can be placed with "[log in to unmask]" or
> "[log in to unmask]".  All proceeds go to the Development Fund of the
> NEAS.
>
> James R. Sears
> Department of Biology
> University of Massachusetts Dartmouth

James R. Sears
Department of Biology
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth

please contact Mike Guiry. More information and an archive of messages since
1995 can be found at http://www.seaweed.ie/algae-l/default.html