A night with Craobh Rua

Frank Thomas <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 9 Mar 2001 08:39:59 -0500

Last night Craobh Rua played at the wee pub in my part of the world and what a fantastic concert it was. When I say wee pub I mean it. The pub limits the audience to 110 and everyone is guranteed a seat and a table to rest their Guiness on. It was an intimate and enjoyable show.

Piper Patrick Daveys was splendid as were each of the musicians. It's bands like this that remnd me why I love trad so much. The band is a lot fo fun and commited to educating their audience as well as thye took the time to explain the differences between a jig, double jig and a slip jig. Lot's of fun.

I don't have venues but they mentioned that tonight (Friday) they will be in Cincinatti. Saturday in Denver and Sunday in Seattle.

It was an honor to have them at our little pub. In case your curious that would be Fenians in Conklin Michigan which is in the west part of the lower pennisula near Grand Rapids.