Help for UILLEANN Archives

UILLEANN Archives

Subject: Mic Alert
From: [log in to unmask]
Date:Sat, 10 Mar 2001 16:36:52 EST

Played a "Green Beer" festival the pre-heat for Patrick's day of course....

I got a chance t' use and Audix D2. The mic sounded great for close mic'ing
of the chanter and I used a regular ole SM 58 fer the Drones. I no longer
point the 58 at the or toward the drone openings... more now I point the mic
in the direction my bass drone curl is pointing. Therefore, I catches the
regs nicely and the mic isn't taking the blas of air from the bass but still
gets a great blend.

sometimes U dont' ahve t' pull a groin muscle t' get a good sound happening.
Do check out the Audix D2 for live sound...if Yer looking for a mic...

K"