Help for UILLEANN Archives

UILLEANN Archives

Subject: Pastoral Pipes
From: "Jonathan T. Hohl" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 8 Mar 2001 20:57:34 -0500

Hi there,

I've seen/read/heard that one of the predecessors to the modern-day uilleann
pipes was a set of pipes called the "pastoral pipes".  Are these more
related to the uilleann pipes or border-, small- pipes?

Do they still exist?  What was their configuration?

Thanks!

^Jonathan^

P.S. Slightly off topic:  I'm currently in search of some smallpipes, and
was curious about some things.  If anyone owning a set of smallpipes could
contact me off list, I'd be greatly appreciative.  Thank you.