Help for UILLEANN Archives

UILLEANN Archives

Subject: Re: Replies
From: RJ Thorpe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 13 Mar 2001 08:08:07 -0600

On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, I wrote:
> > Can someone remind me why "replies" on this list go to the sender
> > and not the list itself.

To which, Phil Sexton and Jonathan replied:
> The listserv is set up that way.  Try "reply to all" and
> Because you have to hit the "reply all" button or similar
> equivalent to your email program.

You miss my point. "Because that's the way it is" is not the answer.
This is the only mailing list I belong to that sends a reply to the
sender only. ALL others go back to the list and this one CAN be set
up the same way. I recall some discussion about this a while back.
Dave, perhaps you can shed some light on the subject.

Incidentally, "Reply to All" does not work either.

--
Robert Thorpe
Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Mailto:[log in to unmask]