Help for UILLEANN Archives

UILLEANN Archives

Subject: Hard-D Physics?
From: Michael Eskin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 23 Mar 2001 08:09:45 -0800

I'm curious if anyone has a good explanation of the acoustical physics
behind the hard-D, and why sticking a twist-tie in the bell tends to bring
it out.

I can't help it, I'm an engineer... It's all I can do to not do an FFT on
audio samples of both the hard and soft Ds...

Cheers,

Michael Eskin
San Diego, CA